Advertisement

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Ah, the Quiet... we all need it

I love this time of day. Ah, the quiet and undemanding time while Pat sleeps...

I don't care who you are or what you are doing, you need a break. Especially when you care for someone with Alzheimer's disease. I'm no different.

Pat and I spend every day together, every moment... except for the sleeping hours. And its not that she is bad to be around. She isn't. She isn't nasty like I hear about some Alzheimer's patients being. She's the opposite of that. She is a worrier... about everything. But even being the "best Alzheimer's patient there ever was", I need to get away and have Christina time.

So, to get that time, one thing I do is wake up earlier than I have to and drag myself out of bed. It's peaceful and helps me get the right outlook before Pat arises. For other break ideas, check out my articles on my website: http://www.here2helpservices.com/alz.html

From one caregiver to another, I strongly recommend creatng time for yourself.

I hear movement in her room...

No comments:

Post a Comment